Sunday, January 31, 2010

Italian Chicken

I received this recipe from Patti, a fellow church member. She made it for dinner one night when we came over for dinner one night a few years ago. Since then, it has become a family favorite.

1lb chicken
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 pkg Good Seasons Italian dressing (dry)
1/2 c sour cream

1. Cube chicken and put in crock pot with soup and Italian dressing
2. Mix and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
3. Turn off and put in sour cream
4. Serve over rice

I usually double this recipe whenever I make it. I have also used cream of mushroom if I didn't have cream of chicken. I have also left out the sour cream when I have forgotten to put it on my shopping list. This recipe is very good and can be adjusted based on what you have.
The first time I had this meal, I had rice, the italian chicken, and then peas on top. Makes for a beautiful plate and a delicious meal with food groups covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment